Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome 2012!


Oh, hello 2012 … I’ve been waiting for you! Not just sitting-waiting, but busy-waiting - writing, writing and then …

2010 was the year Auracle sold.

2011 was the year to revise Auracle and meet my amazing and talented fellow 2012 debut authors in the Apocalypsies and Class of 2k12 debut author groups. 2011 was also the year to start meeting all of the wonderful readers, book bloggers, librarians and booksellers who have been showering so much love on us fledgling authors and our books.

But now you’re here, 2012, and even though there are still places to go, people to meet, things to do with Auracle, it’s time to flesh out that outline I’ve been working on, so here’s one of my resolutions for 2012 ~




Yes, this is my actual mousepad although it’s white, not pink - I custom ordered it at a kiosk at the Sanrio store at the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua, NH because I love all things Kuromi and that’s the first thing that popped into my head when I made it. And it’s not that I spend hours on Facebook, but still, that’s time I should be writing.

Some of my other 2012 resolutions:

-          My goal this year is to read as many of our Apocalypsies’ books as I can, so - Never, ever leave the house without a book! That’s the time the car will break down and I’ll spend an hour waiting for AAA to show up … time I could have been reading!

-          The internet is a black hole of wasted time. Save myself.

-          Do the laundry before I run out of clean fuzzy socks.

-          As my son pointed out, it doesn’t hurt to have a contingency plan in the event of an Apocalypse, Zombie or otherwise.

-          It’s perfectly acceptable to leave the computer for a ten minute walking break twice a day. In fact, it’s encouraged.

-          Put. Down. The Cupcake. And the cookie. And that candy bar too.

-          There must be over 1,000 pens in my house … find one that works and leave it on my desk.

-          Find that balance between writer, author, wife, mom, housekeeper, cook, friend, human.

-          Breathe.

 I wish you all a happy, healthy 2012.  


Gina Rosati is the author of the YA paranormal romance AURACLE (Roaring Brook Press/Macmillan - August 7, 2012). She lives in New Hampshire with her husband, two teenagers and two hyper guinea pigs, Lily and Fiona. Come visit her at www.ginarosati.com

5 comments:

  1. Great resolutions, Gina. I need to follow a few of these myself. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, Gina--the balance thing! I think this is the most important resolution of all, but also the most difficult. LOVE the Kuromi mousepad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elisa! Happy New Year to you too! And yes, the balance thing is a beast, Eve. And thanks for loving my Kuromi mousepad. I keep my manuscript in a Kuromi notebook, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great list. I need to start taking tips from you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Socks. Must buy new socks. I knew there was something missing in my life.

    ReplyDelete