Thursday, December 22, 2011

Most Given Books

So this week we're supposed to blog about what our characters want for Christmas, but I already did that as part of YA Highway's Road Trip Wednesday (It's a Very Hemlock Christmas). Instead, I thought I would post a list of the three books I've given most often as gifts.




Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

When I've given it: As a get well gift and a fortieth birthday gift. Why I've given it: The end of the world as told by Gaiman and Pratchett really is a laughing matter.




Looking for Alaska by John Green
When I've given it: Christmas and as a random "Thanks for being awesome, now go be more awesome and start reading YA" gift. Why I've given it: If you have to ask, then you probably haven't read it. You should go fix that.



When I've given it: Twice, people have borrowed my dad's copy and not returned it (I, for some reason, feel bad about this) and once a coworker mentioned wanting to read it and was having a bad day (I'm kind of awesome, like that). Why I've given it: Because the end of the world is no laughing matter. Also, because I am thoughtful. Sometimes. Occasionally. At least when it comes to giving books.

That's it for me! What book (or books) have you found yourself giving more than once?


---


Kathleen Peacock is a semi-reformed vampire addict and unapologetic geek who has taken to writing about werewolves and who wants to marry the Wizard Howl. Her debut, HEMLOCK, will be published by Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins, on May 8, 2012. Visit her website at www.kathleenpeacock.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment