Sunday, December 11, 2011

Anne's Writing Space

I have a writing space. It's a loft--wide open to the rest of the house. This works for me because I do most of my writing between the hours of 5:00 am and noon on Saturdays and Sundays. Everyone else is asleep. So the fact that I have no door on my "office" is not a big deal. Once they wake up, however, I pick up my laptop and move.






This is my pile of "things to get around to" and Mermaid Barbie, who is even creepier than she looks.










The beauty of writing, though, is that you don't really need a space. Last week I wrote chapter four to Book 3 on the back of several utility bill envelopes that I was too afraid to open. I've even texted myself entire scenes while riding in the back of a cab.

I guess my real "writing space" is the space between my ears.

3 comments:

  1. My favorite quote of the year ... "I guess my real "writing space" is the space between my ears. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MERMAIDS GONE WILD!

    REAL MERMAIDS DON"T WEAR SHELL BRAS!

    Ahhh....so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee! Thanks, Gina.

    And Z, I think Matel gave her one of those shell bras, but she ditched it as soon as I rescued her from the toy box.

    ReplyDelete