Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanks to You!

There are many things I'm thankful for, writing-related and otherwise. But the most pleasant surprise of 2011, bar none, has been discovering the larger community of writers, readers and bloggers out there. You are ridiculously, amazingly, shockingly generous people. I'm just bummed that it took me this long to meet you.

Having a book about to be published is stressful—the good kind of stress, but stressful nonetheless. There are so many firsts and unknowns on this whole path to publication and I feel so lucky to be swathed in the comfort of other people who have been there, get it, are going through it, or just want to help.

At the risk of getting all verklempt, I just want to let you know how grateful I am for having that camaraderie. I really couldn't imagine wanting to do this any other way. Thank you thank you thank you!

*************************************************************************************

My debut young adult novel PRETTY CROOKED (Katherine Tegen/HarperCollins) will be released in March 2012. Even though I had to extensively research pickpocketing techniques to write it, I remain a law-abiding citizen. I live in Philadelphia with my husband Jesse and cat Beau a.k.a. Bread. When I'm not writing for teens, I'm cooking and/or writing about food for The Philadelphia Inquirer and other publications. I'm a proud member of The Apocalypsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment