Monday, November 14, 2011

5 Reasons to Read Darker Still

Since it's Darker Still release week, I wanted to honor fellow Nightstander Leanna Renee Heiber's amazing new book with the top five reasons why you should be reading it, like, right now:
1. It references Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
2. It's written in the old-school epistolary style, told through diary entries.
3. It's set in Victorian New York—hello, awesomely colorful setting.
4. It's got major romance.
5. Umm, that gorgeous cover? You can't turn your eyes away from it.

Congratulations, Leanna!


************************************************************************************
My debut young adult novel PRETTY CROOKED (Katherine Tegen/HarperCollins) will be released in March 2012. Even though I had to extensively research pickpocketing techniques to write it, I remain a law-abiding citizen. I live in Philadelphia with my husband Jesse and cat Beau a.k.a. Bread. When I'm not writing for teens, I'm cooking and/or writing about food for The Philadelphia Inquirer and other publications. I'm a proud member of The Apocalypsies.

2 comments:

  1. About halfway through this one on NetGalley and really loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much for this, Elisa, you are a doll! Can't wait to read yours, and thank you too Eve! You know I am super excited for all the Nightstanders!!

    ReplyDelete