Thursday, October 13, 2011

Team Werewolf vs Team Vamp: The Musical Edition

With Halloween fast approaching, I thought it might be a good time to share my favorite werewolf and vamp songs. Absolute favorites only. One song each. A battle to the death (no, not really).

To qualify, each song had to have "vampire" or "werewolf" somewhere in the title or lyrics. "Bad Moon Rising" may be a totally awesome theme song for a pack of werewolves, but it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for this post.

Team Vamp



"Love Song for a Vampire" by Annie Lennox gets to go first by virtue of my loving it for almost twenty years. I was OBSESSED with this song in high school. MuchMusic (the Canadian equivalent of MTV) had a request show and I would try to call it in at least twice a week. Alas, I never made it past the busy signal.

Team Werewolf


Up for Team Werewolf is "How to Be a Werewolf" by Mogwai. Both the song and the music video just make me feel incredibly peaceful and strong. The ending, when the biker is surrounded by a sea of white, is just beautiful.

So those are my two favorite vamp and werewolf songs. What are yours?

---

Kathleen Peacock is a semi-reformed vampire addict and unapologetic geek who has taken to writing about werewolves. Her debut, HEMLOCK, will be published by Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins, in Summer 2012. Visit her website at www.kathleenpeacock.com.

1 comment:

  1. I'd never heard of those before! Both are very sexy.

    ReplyDelete