Saturday, October 1, 2011

PLAYING DRESS UP WITH ZORAIDA

Or, how being a writer is like wearing a halloween costume.


Dressing up is my favorite part of the witch's new year. In many ways being a writer is like wearing a costume (without the glitter and lamé ) (unless you're me who wears such things when I write). But in semi-seriousness, every writer will go through many costume changes as they're working on any story. All at once you have to be the main character, the supporting characters, the trees, the fancy metaphor about the feelings. The icy stare between your enemies. The heat between your unwilling lovers.

You change and then you change again and you have to make it look good.

As I take a break form dressing up as a merman, I'm trying to brainstorm costume ideas for this year. At my job, we dress up for the entire week leading up to the big day. This means I need at least 4 costumes. I could wear the same costume every day, but where is the fun in that!? It would be like only being one character.

Here are my costume ideas:


Bettie Page as a mermaid
wat uuupppp, bro?
  
N o, not a baby.
A punk rock princess














Slave Leia

Under the cut I'm attaching some of my FAVORITE past costumes in case short skirts offend you.








Bowie face

Mr. and Mrs. Mouse

Betty boop and a devil

My favorite X-men! X-girl, rather ;) 

What are YOUR costumes this year? Who are YOU writing as?




Zoraida Córdova was born in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Her favorite things are sparkly like merdudes, Christmas, and New York City at night. She loves getting tweets @zlikeinzorro and making funny faces on her YouTube channel ZoraidaLand.


No comments:

Post a Comment