Friday, September 23, 2011

What's on Your Nightstand? #14


Zoraida Cordova: CONEY ISLAND LOST AND FOUND...It's research time for me!

Gina Damico: I'm between books, but I just finished the second book in the Maze Runner trilogy, THE SCORCH TRIALS. And oh my hell, I friggin' loved it. I love that these books are written like they're essentially these confusing, unpredictable games, and the characters are supposed to puzzle out what they're supposed to do. I can't wait for the last one in October.

Danny Marks: Well it's What's on Your Nightstand time, again, and guess who's a big loser and is still reading the same book as last week? Yeah, me. So, it's THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett, which has the misfortune of being my book of choice to accompany me during my hellish revision weeks. If I read a word per day right now, it'll be a miracle from little baby Jesus or something. Seriously. Send me every carb you have. NOW!

Eve Marie Mont: I am reading DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE, and so far, it is living up to the hype. The world building is incredible, and the writing lush and hypnotic. I feel like I'm in Prague, and I'm dying to know how hand prints are burning their way onto all the doors of Europe. I also have NO idea where the book is going, which is refreshing.

Gina Rosati: I finally mailed off my first pass pages and got to curl up in The Big Cozy Chair and finish POSSESS by our own Gretchen McNeil. This book has it all ... fabulous ass-kickin' heroine, swoon-worthy guy, one of the best YA voices I've read in years and a plot that will make you want to sleep with the lights on. If Gretchen needs a beta reader for her next book, I am available.

Jessica Spotswood: I just finished Veronica Rossi’s UNDER THE NEVER SKY. I’m always impressed when an author pulls off dual points of view so well and so inventively. I love how the reader gets to see Aria and Perry grow, both toward each other and as individuals, discovering strengths they never expected, banishing their initial misconceptions. Aria is a strong, brave heroine and Perry is—well, he's a killer archer with blonde curls and tattoos who nevertheless has a tender side. The romance is swoony. And the supporting characters are fabulous, too.

What about you guys? What are you reading this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment