Friday, August 12, 2011

What's on Your Nightstand? #8



Nicole Maggi: I just finished THE FUTURE OF US by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler and thoroughly enjoyed it. I saw Jay last weekend at the SCBWI Conference so it was fun to talk to him about it. Also at the conference, I picked up a copy of CHAINS by Laurie Halse Anderson and just started it. WOW. I just think Laurie is such an amazing writer and artist and any book of hers is a privilege to read.





Danny Marks: Kelly Creagh's NEVERMORE is winning the race for my attention this week. Love the literary mix-in of Poe and creepy supernatural happenings, along with the odd pairing of cheerleader/goth boy. I'm nearly finished reading Aravind Adiga's THE WHITE TIGER for my book club. It took a while to get into but then something happens at about the 50% mark that has me wide-eyed and spellbound.







Kathleen Peacock: I'm halfway through ICE by Sarah Beth Durst and LOVING it. It's a modern spin on the the Norwegian fairy tale East of the Sun and West of the Moon and it's seriously rekindling my fairy tale love.










Gina Rosati: I read BAD TASTE IN BOYS by Carrie Harris this week ... it's a fun, fast read with tons of teen appeal! I'm currently a few pages into an ARC of our very own Sarvenaz Tash's THE MAPMAKER AND THE GHOST and I'm already hooked!!!!






Jessica Spotswood: I'm reading Maureen Johnson's THE NAME OF THE STAR. It's full of her trademark wit, I've laughed out loud like a loon several times, and yet I'm also creeped out by the ghoulish Jack-the-Ripper-style murders taking place. Can't wait to find out what happens next!






What about you guys? What's on your nightstand this week?

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, look at all the pretty covers! Great idea, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nicole! I stole it from Susanne's method of doing the BNW Friday reads. :-D Also, I <3 LHA's books. Wintergirls is probably my favorite. So jealous that you got to hear her speak at SCBWI! Her blog is so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I know a former Spalding classmate of Kelly Creagh's! He told me NEVERMORE is awesome, I just haven't gotten to pick it up yet. I'll have to move it up my list :)

    Also, *jealous* of you & your NAME OF THE STAR, Ms. Spotswood! ;-)

    ReplyDelete