Friday, July 22, 2011

What's on Your Nightstand? #5

Gina Damico: I'm 7% in (according to the Kindle) to A DANCE WITH DRAGONS by George R.R. Martin, the long-awaited fifth book in the A Song of Fire and Ice saga. So...I guess I'm That Nerd.
Laura Ellen: I am halfway through PLEASE IGNORE VERA DIETZ by A.S. King and am loving it. The voice of Vera is so spot on and the mystery behind Charlie's death has me turning the page, wanting more!
Suzanne Lazear: I'm re-reading TUCK EVERLASTING by Natalie Babbitt. I lovethis book. The descriptions are just incredible.
Elisa Ludwig: I'm reading MOONGLASS by Jessi Kirby, about a girl whose father moves them back to the beach town where he and her late mother first met. It's an emotionally intense story, with an evocative setting and compelling characters.
Nicole Maggi: I just downloaded FOREVER by Maggie Stiefvater onto my Nook and I can't wait to start reading it! Very excited to see how this trilogy ends.
Danny Marks: I'm about halfway through THE MAZE RUNNER by James Dashner and completely enthralled in a way I haven't been with recent dystopian efforts. So glad I picked this up. Additionally, I joined the Goodreads Book Club Challenge to read Jennifer Egan's A VISIT FROM THE GOON SQUAD, so that's queued up on my Nook. THE KEEP, her previous book is one of my favorites. Period.
Eve Marie Mont: I'm about 50 pages into Amy Garvey's COLD KISS on NetGalley, and man, can this woman write! The book is a paranormal--a girl with mystical powers brings her boyfriend back from the dead but finds he isn't the same--but Garvey has the ability to infuse the paranormal elements with such realism that you hardly recognize events as being out of the
ordinary. Restrained and haunting. Can't wait to finish.
Gina Rosati: Just finished FOREVER by Maggie Stiefvater, the finale to the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy. Beautifully written, emotional, and a satisfying ending that ties it altogether. I'm happy to hear FOREVER is on the NYT Bestseller's List ... so well deserved!
Jessica Spotswood: I just finished DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE, which was OMG amazing. I don’t always like higher fantasy but this was so fresh and original and engrossing, and the wordsmithing is jaw-droppingly gorgeous. I want to be Laini Taylor when I grow up, basically.

1 comment: