Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Power of Three

Since the reasons I write UF/PR are a bit dull (and basically boil down to "that seems to be the way my brain works"), I thought I'd share some thoughts on love triangles. And yes, I know that I'm making a majorly weird face in the video preview.



Recommended Reading:

Carrie Ryan's blog post "But when are you going to write something happy? Also, what's up with the love triangles?"

Scott Tracey's blog post "The Triangle Is Not Acute"


Question for you: Do you have a favorite YA love triangle?

2 comments:

  1. I like the Joss Whedon endy bit >.> :D
    also, THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS. I'm working on a YA memoir thing that has love triangles, and I've been trying to figure out exactly why the love triangle has felt so necessary in it for a while now, and this hits the nail on the head! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put, Kathleen! So often, a love triangle feels like a device, especially when there are two 'hot' guys involved. I'm looking forward to reading Hemlock even more now that you've tossed those hot guys over your shoulder :)))

    ReplyDelete